A historic transformation is underway in healthcare as value-based reimbursement (VBR) gradually supersedes the fragmented and costly fee-for-service care model long employed in the United States. Both government and commercial programs are demonstrating that VBR’s quality-driven approach can reduce costs, improve outcomes and enhance patient satisfaction. New incentives for preventive care, early intervention and care continuity are permanently altering the way medicine is practiced and paid for
To succeed, no matter the size, a practice needs and must understand how to use technology solutions that help deliver the highest quality of patient care without sacrificing revenue or practice efficiency.
This activity is a multi-day live virtual conference “The Application of the EHR System to Improve Patient care and Mange Costs,” and will be held Monday, October 3rd – Thursday October 13th. Please note that this program will be accredited for physicians and nurses.
General educational topics that will be addressed include Federal Regulations, Quality and Operational Efficiency, Managing Core Practice Operations and Optimizing Performance and Quality.
The target audience for the activities described herein is Analytics Professionals, Case Managers, Department Directors, Executives (e.g. C-Level or President or VP), Informatics, Managers/Supervisors, Nurses and Physicians.
• Understand Meaningful Use Stage 3 and identify the required steps to incorporate into practice in order to be able to adjust practice workflow in order to meet regulatory and patient care objectives.
• Review opportunities supported by modern EHR systems in order to better optimize the management of core practice operations.
• Explore how clinical hubs can help to improve clinician workflow by providing information that is needed at the exact point that it is required.
• Understand how to increase the speed and volume as well as provide decision support of laboratory result releases.
• Develop and implement specific management strategies that will help to optimize practice performance and the quality of care.
• Review strategies for designing and building templates to support ICD-10 physician documentation.
• Develop strategies for implementation of an admission medication review process that includes follow up and a long-term monitoring plan.
• Understand what user-centered design is and how to use the methodology to actively improve the usability of EHR systems with a goal of improving workflow and communication patterns.
In support of improving patient care the Center for Education Development is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Center for Education Development designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or 1.0 ANCC credit.
Participants should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Participants must participate in the session and complete an activity evaluation before October 17, 2017.
Activity Participation and Obtaining Credit:
ATTENDEE PROGRAM EVALUATION AND CME/CE FORM ONLINE INSTRUCTIONS
Activity Expires: 10/16/2017
To claim CME/CE credit, participants must complete the Activity Test and Evaluation Form in its entirety.
1. Log in to your CED account or sign up for a free account by completing the registration form
2. Complete the activity test and evaluation
3. Physicians and nurses: Click “Download Certificate(s)”
Center for Education Development supports recommendations that will promote life long learning through continuing education. The following desirable provider attributes are addressed through this activity:
• Provide patient-centered care
• Employ evidence-based practice
• Apply quality improvement
The computer you plan to use should meet the following requirements:
Peripherals: Computer speakers or headphones
Monitor Screen Resolution: 320 x 480 or higher
Media Viewing Requirements: Adobe Reader, Microsoft PowerPoint, Flash Player & HTML
Faculty reported the following financial relationships. A copy of Center for Education Development's policy on resolving conflicts of interest can be found at www.cedevelopment.org/about.html.
Louise Smith, RN MSN PhD, McKesson employee
Center for Education Development
Thomas Zimmerman, PhD (Reviewer, CED) has nothing to disclose.
John Zitel (Reviewer, CED) has nothing to disclose.
This activity was supported by an unrestricted educational grant from McKesson
This activity is sponsored by Center for Education Development
Created and published by Center for Education Development. Copyright © 2016 Center for Education Development. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced without written permission from the publisher. The material presented at or in any of CEDevelopment.org continuing medical education activities does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of CED. Neither CED nor the faculty endorse or recommend any techniques, commercial products, or manufacturers. The faculty/authors may discuss the use of materials and/or products that have not yet been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration. All readers and continuing education participants should verify all information before treating patients or utilizing any product.